Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Six Month Contractversary

Wow, It flew by! I'm not quite finished - I extended my tour by about three weeks in order to make my travel plans afterwards easier, but it's been whole six months since I started out for Kandahar!

The Continued Tales of Beardle the Beard
Beginning
Middle
End
I've discovered that having a great big bushy beard has at least one completely ridiculous perk aside from inadvertently storing food that I was trying to eat for later and that is it can be used as storage space for writing utensils and other similarly shaped objects.
Twenty total pens and other such objects! And yes, that IS a candy cane!
Another set of before and after pictures:
I have ALLL the permissions!
One of my many accolades for growing an awesome beard:
No, this is a joke from a friend - but can you imagine?
Graffiti
Seemingly, there is no end to the found art splayed across Kandahar Airfield.
It's your patriotic duty.
Being protective concrete wall can be very rewarding.
Poo Pond
Now there's a third major gym on KAF.
Countdown Mode
I'm clearly not the only one excited to leave.
Well, Kandahar, it's been a good run, but now it's nearly time to say goodbye. It's been real. I'll mostly think of you fondly.

Whenever I'm counting down to a big change, I get the song "one day more" from Les Miserables stuck in my head. Enjoy:

3 comments:

  1. wow! what a great bunch of photos! so in the end, was it worth the hassle for the experience?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh, please don't eat that candy cane.

    ReplyDelete