Saturday, October 1, 2011

Poo Pond

Government Shut Down Update: So the funding problem cleared itself up in less than 24 hours. Basically it amounted to a sleep-in and a trip to the bazaar. Phew. I was actually looking forward to a full day off. I didn't get to the intense work-out at the gym that I was planning for the afternoon before we got the word to head back to work.

Actual Post:

I've definitely mentioned the poo pond here at KAF before in this blog. The poo pond is a water treatment facility. You can see it in google maps if you search Kandahar Airport - it looks like a four-petaled flower made of poo-water. It smells, but I guess I'm used to it as people who are new to KAF have a more and more noticeable reaction to smelling the poo pond. Maybe when I leave here everything will smell so wonderful by comparison that I'll just stand still and breathe through my nose for hours on end.
Here's what the poo pond looks like.
Anyway, I took these pictures of the humorous signs people have put up near the poo pond edge. They are all variations on the same theme - that there are four extremely large pools of water smelling of poo very close by.
Hehehehe... dootie...
There's no yacht club here... that's ridiculous...
When I showed these signs to someone on base they said it ruined the movie Willy Wonka for them, making Augustus Gloop's elimination from the competition far more gruesome than it was to begin with... the biohazard sign isn't meant to be humorous.
And there you have it - the poo pond of KAF. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment