Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Alien Landscape

Over the months, I've collected a lot of pictures that wouldn't fit into any individual post, so I mushed them all together into this post. Although, I've gotten pretty used to the locale that is Kandahar, I'm still struck sometimes by how strange what I'm looking at should seem, so I'll snap a picture of that thing.
Power cables don't really make KAF unique, but sometimes they strike me as picture-worthy.
I wouldn't be surprised if this was once a watering hole for the area wildlife, now it's a driving range every once in a while for those who love golf enough to get clubs and balls shipped here.
Some things look like they actually are from an alien landscape.
This is the sun. Some days, it's so dusty you can look right at it without even a trace of glare.
The roads can be treacherous when wet.
It snowed for a few minutes the other day!
...of course it was all melted an hour later, but still - snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment