Thursday, August 4, 2011

Grover Goes to School

My apologies for the self-centered nature of this blog post. Hey, check out this picture I took with my camera from the plane as it was leaving Cleveland a few weeks ago:
Pretty excellent quality considering the altitude and the window...
I suppose I should face the fact that I'll be away from home for a long time. The longest I've ever been away before this expedition was just three and a half months (my semester in Israel). It's exciting to be going, and the night before I left for Germany I was looking over my parents scrapbook from their big long Israel experience and it was over a dollar a minute to call home in 1980! Now with skype being dirt-cheap and email and everything it is a whole lot easier.

Exhibit A: Grover Goes to School with Mom and Ilana. Every year in late-summer, my mom reads to the Kramer kids from this lesson-teaching tome. Such favorite lines as "I hate baloney!" and "Two new friends in one day?!?!" will forever live on in Kramer lore. We jokingly were saying that we would read it before I left and last night I remembered while on skype with home. So we did it via skype. The hilarious results can be found below.
I hate baloney!
We were having a little too much fun
My favorite game!
Great book.
Thanks for indulging me.

1 comment: