Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Mike. You're a Champion.

So last week was Michael Champion, the tester here at Kandahar Education Center's, birthday. A plot was schemed to kidnap him by luring him into one of the Ed. Center's classrooms that is under construction and covering his head and ensnaring his hands in one of those zipper handcuff thing all in honor of his birthday.

I was pretty uncomfortable with this plan. After all, there are plenty of people walking around with weapons, and you never know how people are going to react when they see two people with Keffiehs around their heads struggling to force someone into a car..., but it was my first full week, so whatever I agreed to be the getaway car driver. The full plan was for him to go out to the room where Christian and Michael Self (another Michael - this one works for University of Maryland) would attack and subdue Michael and put him in the car where I would be waiting with Afghani music or talk radio blasting. Then we'd drive around for like five minutes until we got to the pizza place on the boardwalk where we'd have a birthday dinner in his honor.

Here are some pictures.
This is Michael Self. You can't tell me he doesn't look like Fidel Castro.
"Let me tell you about the glorious revolution I led..."
Christian helping Mike to appear very intimidating.
So here's what ended up happening. While I diligently waited in the get-away car, Mike (Champion) came out of the Ed. Center... went towards the classroom as planned and instantly saw through the master that was the kidnapping plan.
The game is up.
Let's just do it anyway!
This is what it should've looked like, but with a lot more struggling.
So apparently there are a couple more sit-down restaurants than I originally thought. There's a Dutch restaurant and a pizza place. Pizza was the destination of choice for this occasion.
I'll have the "my co-workers are incompetent at surprising me, please"
Pretty sure they said a big jumble of sounds instead of his name when they sang "happy birthday" and that's what's so funny.
 Happy b-day Mike!

One more picture of Mike Self as Fidel Castro for good measure:
Ok one more:

No comments:

Post a Comment